"Igor Tandetnik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > This all works great on Unix.  When I use dlopen() to
> > attach the shared library, the procA() reference in
> > the shared library is automatically resolved to the
> > address of procA() in the main program.
>
> On Windows, the loader works in a very different way. Basically,
> export/import connections are established at link time, not at load
> time. The loader does not perform a symbol search over all the DLLs, the
> import tables in the executable image (emitted by the linker) tell it
> exactly where to look.

The disadvantages to the windows approach are obvious.
Before I add this characteristic to the ever-growing
list of reasons why I hate windows and especially hate
programming for windows, I should be fair and ask if
there are any advantages to the windows way of doing
things that I have overlooked.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>