Costas Stergiou wrote:
Hello,

I need a server-less SQL engine. Unless someone recommends a better tool
(embedded FireBird? Something else?), I'm thinking of using SQLite.

Problem is, several wrappers are listed in the SQLite wiki. Can you
recommend one, ideally under active development, easy to use, etc.

- Aducom open-source Delphi/BCC SQLite components
http://www.aducom.com

- ZeosLib
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib/

- DISQLite3
http://www.yunqa.de/delphi/sqlite3/

- LibSQL
http://libsql.dubaron.com/

- Simple Sqlite 3.0 for Delphi
http://www.itwriting.com/sqlitesimple.php

Thank you.

Having done a similar research in the past I would certainly suggest to not
use any library and use directly the sqlite procs. All you need is a file to
declare the functions in Delphi and then just use the functions directly.

Personally, I have just created some simple wrapper functions in Delphi
(very simple - 3 lines each) to make it a bit easier to call the SQLIte
functions.
Using a wrapper is usually bug-prone (unfortunately most of them have bugs)
and it usually wraps around the TDataset which is not a good idea (unless
you are using bound controls).
Also, if you use a wrapper you will need to learn 2 APIs: SQLite's and the
LIB's, which is again a bad idea.

Hope this is of some help,
Costas

P.S. I am not the 'do-it-yourself' kind but in this case, it is really
better to use sqlite directly!

I would endorse that approach. The Sqlite API is simple and easy to use, so why not take advantage of that and KISS (Keep It Simple Senor)?