Lukáš Neumann uttered:

Hello,

I am using SQLite DLL version 3.2.1 to access a single file database. I use sqlite3_exec() to call this simple query:

BEGIN; INSERT INTO Messages (IDMessage, Body) VALUES (1054, 'Test'); COMMIT;

When the application runs under Windows XP, the query takes unnoticable amout of time (10ms or so), but when I run the very same application under clean installation of Windows 2000, the query may take 150ms or more. The database size is same on both systems.

How many times did you reproduce the test? Is this test representitive of your actual work patterns?

You don't want to benchmark individual INSERTS, then draw conclusions on the relative performance of two similar systems based on the miniscule results.

Note, also, that WinXP is a later version of Windows than Win2000. It may contain performance enhancements that earn't present in the earlier version, though I guess the overall performance should be roughly similar.

Could you suggest any way how I can improve the performance under Windows 2000?

Thanks in advance
Lukas Neumann

Christian

--