Henrik Goldman uttered:

Hi,

I have a new HP-UX maching running latest official OS B.11.23 and has gcc 4.1.1.
The problem is that when I try to configure I get an error:

bash-3.00# ./configure CFLAGS="-O2 -lp64" --enable-threadsafe
checking build system type... ia64-hp-hpux11.23
checking host system type... ia64-hp-hpux11.23
checking for gcc... /usr/local/bin/gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Have you checked config.log for details?

bash-3.00# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: ia64-hp-hpux11.23
Configured with: ../gcc/configure
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.1.1

Does any of you have an idea how to proceed?

Try compiling a simple "Hello World" application using the compiler. If the application won't run, then it's a compiler problem (I suspect this is the issue.)

Thanks in advance.
-- Henrik

Christian

--