Datum: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:01:12 -0500
Von: John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] Multiple Users

First, sad about the football, but someone has to win.

Its only football... and so hard it is... the italian players are the better players. But our coach has done a greatly work.
We can be content with this result.

My point that since Sqlite is embedded its only locking method is the fcntl type file lock. Any other level of locking has to be supplied by your application. It cannot perform row and table locks like a DB server.

Thats not my intention. I dont want to blow up a Single-File-DB like
SQLite to a Server-Based DBMS like MS SQL-Server. But I work with various DB, and I like to do handle all at the same way. It is be much easier, to access and repeat my own knowledge, if I support a frontend and all frontend looks similarly
at the Database-Connect-Level.

And... why should I don't handle a SQLite-DB as a Backend like a Server-Based
DBMS? Its imho primary the same.

If I allow more than one User to "connect" to a DB, I have to
manage the access of all this users, particularly the concurrent Edit of one and the same Record. The Problem exist not during the Dialog-
Edit. The Problem occurs after read Data and stay on Screen, at the
End-Editing, then, if changes written to Disk. Other Users is allowed to fetch this Record too and present it in his own View - but only as Read-Only. I do it at the same Way like SAP. All User can fetch "this" record and present it in Dialog-View, but only the first reader can edit and store his Changes to DB.

Greetings, Anne