On 7/21/06, Ritesh Kapoor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've also removed the Synch-mechanism and increased the SQLite page size
as well as the number of pages to hold in cache.

I understand that all this can cause data loss if the system crashes but
that is tolerable.

What I can't figure out is that the performance over NFS is still
horrible.  My application requires inserting one row at a time, many
times in a single run.  I can't use transactions when inserting but I've
used them for deletion.

If you have a busy network packet collisions can cause serious
performance issues.
Are you on an ethernet network with other traffic on the same net?