No, that's not the case since I'm using an AUTOINCREMENT key and I can't
know the value of the key until the INSERT is completed.

Olaf

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Stanton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Getting callback with an INSERT

> It hardly seems necessary to make it a callback since you could just
> call your function concurrently with the INSERT SQL.
>
> Olaf Beckman Lapré wrote:
> > Is it possible to get a callback when doing an INSERT on a table similar
to a SELECT callback? The callback would then contain the same parameters
but only contain the row(s) being inserted.

> > The reason I'm asking is that this may be usefull in GUI applications
where you insert table rows into a listcontrol. Instead of emptying the
listcontrol and using the SELECT callback to fill it again, one could simply
add the row being added from the INSERT callback.