Please unsubscribe me from sqlite

From: Peter van Dijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] "SQL Error: near 'Table': Syntax error"
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:44:59 +0200

On Jul 26, 2006, at 5:33 PM, Dennis Cote wrote:

John Newby wrote:

Is there any other names I need to look out for other than the "sqlite_" and "table" that SQLite doesn't like as being a table name that anyone knows of?

John,

All keywords need to be quoted to use them as identifiers. There is a comprehensive list of keywords at http://www.sqlite.org/ lang_keywords.html

I would also suggest that you stick with the SQL standard method of quoting identifiers using double quotes (rather than the other extensions that SQLite accepts for compatibility with other non- standard database systems).

Using double quotes to quote identifiers in sqlite is dangerous, as mistyping
a fieldname will not yield an error. Currently the only safe way to  quote
identifiers is using backticks, as in MySQL.

Cheers, Peter.

Sexy, sultry, sensuous. - see why Bipasha Basu is all that and more. Try MSN Search http://server1.msn.co.in/Profile/bipashabasu.asp