You'll have to change that in the makefile before building the
"target_source" code, which means you'll need Linux or a similar build
environment on Windows. I don't think you want to do that anyway. MS's
memory handlers don't like that at all. For proof (once you get it enabled)
put this into your code and the sqlite code for debug compiles:

#define _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC
#include <crtdbg.h> // make sure this is the last header

// and then at the top of your main function:
_CrtSetDbgFlag ( _CRTDBG_ALLOC_MEM_DF | _CRTDBG_LEAK_CHECK_DF |
_CRTDBG_CHECK_ALWAYS_DF);