Jeff Nokes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've run into a weird situation where SQLite seems to not like in-line
> comments depending on where they are placed.

This is not the SQLite core but the sqlite command-line shell.
The command line shell accumulates input until it sees a line that
ends with a semicolon.  If an input line ends with a semicolon
and the accumulated input passes the sqlite3_complete() test, only
then is the input passed into the sqlite core to be processed.

By putting comments after the semicolons, you are hiding the
semicolons from the command-line shell and causing the input
processing to be deferred.

To insure that input has been processed, put a semicolon on
a line by itself.  Extra semicolons will not hurt anything.
--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>