Try using sqlite3_busy_timeout(), to get round the temporary locks if possible. SQLite will retry locked database access until the command either succeeds or times out.

http://www.sqlite.org/capi3ref.html#sqlite3_busy_timeout

If this does not fix your problem, it is possible that an application has a read lock permanently open. Check that your readers are not doing a begin without a commit.

Christian

Hi Christian,
the strange thing is that two processes are doing query on the same sqlite3 database, but if the two processes begin to fail the queries 'update' and I restart only one of them, the process that I have restarted executes the queries 'update' in the correct way for some days, while the other continues to fail... Now I'm tryng to get more info about the library libsqlite3.so... I don't know what to think... I've checked for 'begin' without 'commit', but my processes are in a loop of 10 seconds and they go on for some days before having problems, the queries are about the same, with small differeces...

Laura