I have a thread that executes a query that takes about 30 seconds on my
test setup.  In the field, the query could take several minutes.  The
user needs to be able to stop this query if it was started by accident.
I have a pointer to the sqlite3 object that is running the query inside
my thread.  In the main GUI thread of the application, I call
sqlite3_interrupt(), passing it the stored sqlite3 pointer.  But after I
do that, the query still stops executing 30 seconds after it started.
The interruption seems to have no effect.  Is this expected?  How soon
after I issue sqlite3_interrupt() should a long query stop executing?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much.

RobR