On 9/18/06, Teg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Jay,

There's no right or wrong way. I was just suggesting that there are
cases where you want to store the whole file in the DB. I have an
application that generates 1000's of 150K compressed files. I've been
toying with the idea of shoving them all onto a DB because of the way
Windows groans when you have to enumerate folders with many small
files.

The scanner I use takes care of that by making a directory for each
batch of documents scanned. I've seen that same thing on Windows
systems for other projects. I ended up having to create a manager that would
store files into numbered sub directories to avoid it.

The downside of course is I'd have to vacuum the tables from time to
time.

That's why we get paid the 'big bucks'   ;)