Hi Dennis,

  Sorry that I put my question wrongly, actually my question was, if before a
step function is called, can I change the value that is bounded as many times
as possible, and will the Step function only consider the value that was
bounded last.

  .
  Chetana...

Dennis Cote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  chetana bhargav wrote:

> I am just wondering what will happen, if I bind a column with null intially,
> but later in my path if I bind some integer value, which value will be
> considered while excuting step function. Note its on the same prepared
> statement and before doing a reset of the statement.

Chetana,

You can't change the value bound to a parameter while a statement is
executing (i.e. after the first step and before a reset). You will get a
misuse error. You can only bind the parameter values before the the
first step (or after a reset which is really the same thing).

HTH
Dennis Cote