Lloyd wrote:
Hi,
  How much time it may take to "insert or ignore into query" for 30
lakhs times. It adds more than 130 sec overhead compared to the 20 sec
of execution time. All these are done inside a single transaction. And
these insertions are made on three tables (on each table 10 lakhs) with
a combined primary key of text and integer.

Is this the expected performance? Can I improve it anyway? (I am using
the wxSQLite wrapper class)

Thanks,
  Lloyd.

All,

FYI, a lakh is defined as:

A lakh (also spelled lac or laksha) is a unit in a traditional number system, still widely used in India and Bangladesh, equal to a hundred thousand. A hundred lakhs make a crore.

So Lloyd is doing 3M insert or ignores.

Lloyd,

What do you mean by "130 seconds of overhead"?

Dennis Cote