On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Rob Richardson wrote:

I have a small database in which tables have columns that were created as
integer primary key, but not autoincrement.  I would like to make sure
keys are never reused, so I want to add autoincrement to the column
definition.  Is that possible?

Rob,

  I have tables with the first column defined as 'integer primary key' and
the key values are entered and automatically incremented when I add records.

  When you add the record(s), specify fields and values _exclusive_ of the
first (key) column. However, if you're importing data from an ASCII text (or
CSV) file, then you need to include the key values yourself.

Rich