You send it SQL statements. It has to parse and compile them for execution. The parser understands the grammar of SQL and applies it.

Noah Hart wrote:
Hello all,

I've read the documentation, and the wiki and the pages at
http://www.sqlite.org/compile.html

However, I cannot find what is the purpose of the compiler option
SSQLITE_OMIT_PARSER

Clearly it "Omits" the "Parser", but my real questions are:
what is the purpose of the parser.
What are the ramification of omitting it from sqlite?

Thank you,

Noah Hart

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.