> This is quick simple and portable to your application only.
> You can not
> use a 3rd party GUI database browser that is statically linked to a
> different SQLite library (such as the standard distribution)
> to view or
> modify your database. You must add specific support for any desired
> operation to your application (or turn your application into
> another GUI
> database browser to be able to do everything the 3rd party
> tools can do).

   To quote a local radio DJ: You're making my point!

   If you want the Super SQLite GUI Tool and Swiss Army Knife 3000 to
have a POWER function, contact the maintainer of said tool - it's an
application problem.  If you want your application to have the POWER
function, roll your own build of SQLite.  Those are application
problems, not database problems.  And quite frankly I think the real
problem in your example is static linking - If a 3rd party tool links in
SQLite statically, then you're basically stuck with whatever version
they choose, with whatever extensions they add - in other words, you're
using *their* embedded database, not SQLite.  Which is probably as it
should be, but one shouldn't expect SQLite to solve problems for said
application.

   One other thing I just thought of: is the POWER function (or
operator) standard SQL?  I'm honestly not sure, off the top of my head,
but I'm guessing that that factors in here somewhere.

   -Tom