I see Microsoft is already offering a patch for Windows XP to handle the new
U.S. DST rules.

 -Clark

----- Original Message ----
From: Joe Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 9:52:02 AM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] calculate age

Holiday determination per country (or even per state/city) via an algorithm
can only get you so far because it is at the whim of constantly changing
local laws. You basically need a database of all the dates for the exceptions.
Even getting a reliable source of such information for various countries is
problematic.

On a somewhat related topic, I wonder how many computer systems will be
affected
by the new US daylight savings time changes going into effect in 2007.
What a mess. Son of Y2K - Y2K7DST.