I think the attach is the way to go, but no need to insert, just select from
the attached databases.

 sqlite3 master.db (master is empty).
  attach a.db A
  attach b.db  B
  attach c.db C

 Then  :
       select  <columns>   from a.A,   b.b,  c.c where  ....

Alberto Simões <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi

I am using SQLite to store ngrams from texts (bigrams, trigrams and
tetragrams). This is not really important for the question; just
imagine I have three tables A (int,int), B (int, int, int) and C (int,
int, int, int). As the table keys are full rows and the tables get
big, it is not quite efficient com compute bigrams, trigrams and
tetragrams at the same time.

Given that I have access to a cluster, I split the job in three tasks
that can be computed separately on different cluster nodes. One
calculates bigrams, another trigrams, and other to calculate
tetragrams.

So far, everything fine. The problem is that this results in three
different files each with a table. I need to join tables in the same
file. There are no dependencies between tables, thus you can imagine
that I need something like:

  cat A.db B.db C.db > full.db      # kidding

I can do an export and import for each table. But I would like to know
if there is any faster method.
Thank you

Kind regards,
Alberto