Hello Michael Hooker,

>I shall try using a Delphi wrapper later on, DiSQLite3 will probably be the
>one I will choose, but so far I'm struggling to understand the examples
>because the author has chosen to use a maze of separate units and an
>unfamiliar set of external third party components to illustrate what it does
>instead of just showing in a straightforward manner how to get data into a
>standard Delphi record structure,  stringlist,  string array or whatever.

As the author of DISQLite3: The library now contains 17 example projects for
using SQLite with Delphi, even including full text search (FTS1 and FTS2). I
designed them to serve two purposes for both beginners and advanced users:

* Explain basic and advanced usage of DISQLite3.
* Show the power of SQLite with semi real world applications.

I agree that the examples use two sets of 3rd party components. I felt they are
necessary to overcome some of Delphi's limitations, most notably the missing
Unicode controls. Both packages (TNT Unicode Controls and VirtualTrees) are
freeware, highly recognized for their outstanding quality and widely
distributed.

Thanks for letting me know that some aspect of DISQLite3 are apparently still
missing from the demos. Regarding record structures, TStringList and string
arrays: I did not cover these because of their potentially huge memory
requirements. Instead, I demonstrated an intelligent buffering mechanism.

However, given the need for it, I will be glad cover these in the demos as
well. What exactly do you want to achieve, and what kind of example project are
you looking for?

>The documentation is very comprehensive but starts half-way through the
>film, as far as I'm concerned.

Did you read the chapter labeled "Overview"? Again, if you let me know what you
are looking for I will be glad to add the missing information.

Ralf