Complete Noob here – warning!

Here’s my ultimate goal, so you all can either guide me towards a solution
or tell me I’m barking up the wrong tree! ;c)

I’m trying to set up a full text search of a database of song lyrics.  This
is a Windows application that will run on Win2000.  It’s written in the
AutoIt3 scripting language that comes with some functions that facilitate
the access to SQLite.  I find SQLite to be an ideal solution for what I’m
trying to do.  Thank you Richard Hipp!

I used to be a DBA for DB2 on mainframes in a previous life.  Heavy SQL
experience so that’s not too much of an issue.  What IS an issue for me is
that I need to (want to) use the fts1 (and hopefully fts2 eventually)
extension and the .dll interface in a Windows environment.

When I do a test with SQLite.exe, I can load the fts1 extension just fine.
When I use the .dll version (version with or without Tcl) I get the “not
authorized” error and can’t load the extension.  If I understand what I’ve
read about that in the Wiki about Loadable Extensions and “calling”
sqlite3_enable_load_extension, it would appear that I need to re-compile the
source differently to either link the fts1 capability into the .dll or to
enable the loading of it at runtime.  Either solution is acceptable to me,
but I’m stuck with getting from point A to point B.

I’ve tried to install/run MSYS/MinGW but it doesn’t even start on my system.
I successfully installed Dev-C++ and tried to simply “re-compile” the source
and see what happens.  It won’t compile.  This is because, no doubt, that my
only experience in compiling is COBOL on an IBM mainframe.  I am CLUELESS
about C, C++, makefiles, def files, etc. Any step-by-step procedures out
there all refer to versions of SQLite BEFORE fts1.

What I’m asking for (many “pleases” and “thank-you’s!” here) is either:
*       A windows sqlite3.dll with fts1 linked in  OR
*       A windows sqlite3.dll with the ability to load extensions turned on   OR
*       The complete idiots guide to achieve either of those ends with Dev-C++
(or
something else that runs on my system)

I’m really NOT interested in learning C or C++.  I don’t expect that I’ll be
a long-time customer of Dev-C++ either.  Any helping hand that someone could
lend would be MOST appreciated.

Thank you,
David Leigh