My issue with that is I need the rowid of the existing row back.  Insert or
ignore doesn't seem to update the database's last_insert_rowid in the ignore
case, from what I've seen.  Insert or Replace almost does it, but it
re-allocates the rowid, which breaks my referential integrity.  Should the
Insert or Replace operation fill in the last insert ID with the row causing
the constraint violation?

Ian