Is cast documented on the sqlite website? I couldn't find it.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 5:51 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Equivalent syntax?

"Anderson, James H \(IT\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the case shown, for example,
>
>         convert(char(3), NULL) CDRefIndustry,
>
> It creates a char(3) column, sets it to null, and names it
> CDRefIndustry.

Dennis Cote's guess was mostly right then.  A strict equivalent
in SQLite (and in standard SQL) would be:

          cast(NULL AS char(3)) CDRefIndustry

But the cast is not really necessary in SQLite.  You could
get by with just this:

          NULL CDRefIndustry

So, tell me James, what is MorganStanley doing with SQLite?  ;-)

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>