"Anil Gulati -X \(agulati - Michael Page at Cisco\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am trying to decide whether I can use SQLite for a website that runs
> on 4 load-balanced servers using networked file storage mounted by all
> servers for common data access.

This sounds like a job for a client/server database.  You can probably
make SQLite work for this, but it is not really what it was designed
to do.  Use the right tool for the job.  Do not hammer a nail with
a screwdriver.

> The issue is that there may be short periods where multiple users will
> be updating around the same time and I want to make sure that the
> possibility of corruption is extremely low. I am asking for more
> detailed information on the above issues to clarify my decision.

SQLite won't corrupt, even with simultaneous access, as long as
your network filesystem is working correctly.  The problem is,
not many network filesystems work correctly.  Bugs in the network
filesystem will quickly lead to database corruption.  Nothing
SQLite can do about that.
--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>