I have 2 processes running one is updating portions of a table and one is inserting.

I don't accumulate updates but rather update a record at a time to keep the time of locking down. (eg begin update commit) Likewise, I only insert one at a time for the same reason.

Each process works fine when running on its own yet when running them together I get errors such as:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 SQL logic error or missing database
and
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 8 attempt to write a readonly database

I thought sqlite handled locks. What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

Tom