Hi

   lenght() function in SQL Query is not behaving properly.  I have
explained this below with an example.

  Select length(col1) + length(col2) + length(col3) + length(col4) from
TestTable;

   For example, there are four columns in a table and in a row three
columns (col1, col2 and col3) have propervalues inserted. col4 has NULL.
When I execute the above query on that table, then it doesnt return any
thing. Basically if I just do "select length(col1) + length(col2) +
length(col3) from TestTable" it properly returns the sum of the lengths of
three columns. But when I include length(col4) in the sum which has NULL,
then it doesnt return anything. I was expecting it to return the sum of
lengths of col1, col2 and col3 even after including the lenght(col4) in the
sum.

That means, even if one column is NULL, then its effecting the whole query.

Above explained behaviour is same irrespective of using command line or C
API. I am using sqlite-3.3.8 .

Can some one please comeabck on this.

Thanks for your time.
Venkata S Akella