It seems I can't use string concatenation within a RAISE call.  This code:

        SELECT RAISE(ROLLBACK, 'test');

Works fine but this code

        SELECT RAISE(ROLLBACK, 'test' || 'ing');

Gives an error

        SQL error: near "||": syntax error

Is this correct behavior?  I found a work-around by doing this:

        SELECT RAISE(ROLLBACK, ERROR_TEXT) FROM (SELECT 'test' || 'ing'
ERROR_TEXT);

but I would think || should work within RAISE directly.

Thanks,

Sam