From: P Kishor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:06 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Case Insensitive Equality Searches

> If I want to do "SELECT * FROM table WHERE field = value", how can I do
this matching text only and not case?

you can do it in your application using the language of your choice by
upcasing or downcasing your field and value. Here is a Perl example

SELECT * FROM table WHERE upper(field) = uc($value)

or, you can define your column (done at CREATE TABLE time) with a
COLLATE NOCASE option. See
<http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html#collation>