To: <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Compiling the linux package on windows using LCC ?

GCC will compile you a library usable with a broad range of C compilers.

If you find the gcc library unusable use the makefile as the basis for compiling it using lcc. I use lcc and gcc (mingw) interchangably. GCC has optimization but if you write elegant and efficient C lcc will generate excellent code and compiles very fast.

If you get the options correct you can compile each module using lcc or use the lcc IDE to compile them all at once then use ar to build a link library. The makefile generated by configure and gcc or the one in the Sqlite Windows zip file will give you a template to follow.

I recollect that compiling Sqlite under lcc was not a big deal, but it was a long time back for me and I cannot recall the precise details. Now I use gcc to build the static library and have a compiler which works identically on all flavors of Windows, Linux, AIX and Solaris.

If you want dynamic linking to a DLL you need to look at the lcc documentation to see precisely how it is done.

Gussimulator wrote:
GCC?, I need to use the resulting DLL on normal C under windows later on, without having strange dependencies, etc.

I'd like to know what am I doing wrong when I try to compile the sources... Do I have to output obj for each source and then somehow link this into the final library?

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Stanton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>