Ralf Junker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wonder if there is some effort already under way to allow custom tokenizers
> by SQLite's full text search?

The plan is to eventually have an API that you can call to add
your own custom tokenzizer/stemmer.  But for now, you have to
modify the code to insert your own stemmer.  The code is near
line 2523 of fts2.c:

  /* TODO(shess) For now, add new tokenizers as else if clauses. */
  if( spec->azTokenizer[0]==0 || startsWith(spec->azTokenizer[0], "simple") ){
    sqlite3Fts2SimpleTokenizerModule(&m);
  }else if( startsWith(spec->azTokenizer[0], "porter") ){
    sqlite3Fts2PorterTokenizerModule(&m);
  }else{
    *pzErr = sqlite3_mprintf("unknown tokenizer: %s", spec->azTokenizer[0]);
    rc = SQLITE_ERROR;
    goto err;
  }

--