"Nitin Kashyap" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My Intentions are towards exploring the reason behind these differences;
> and what can be done to counter these performance differences. I'm
> seeking some pointers from the Community.

I use SQLite for a lot of different things (as you would expect)
over the course of many years.  And my experience has been that
SQLite3 is almost always faster than SQLite2.  Sometimes remarkably
faster.  I'm guessing that the poor performance you are getting
from SQLite3 is a test artifact of some kind.

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>