Simplified I have the following situation:

2 tables, tableA and tableB both with an integer field, called ID, holding
unique integer numbers in tableA and non-unique integer numbers in tableB.
Both tables have an index on this field and for tableA this is an INTEGER
PRIMARY KEY.
Now I need to delete the rows in tableB where this number doesn't appear in
the corresponding field in tableA.

Currently I do this with this SQL:

Delete from tableB where ID not in (select tableA.ID from tableA)

When table tableB gets big (say some 100000 rows) this will get a bit slow
and I wonder if there is a better way to do this.

RBS