Vivien Malerba wrote:
Hi!

I've got an error reporting problem when trying to insert a row which
breaks a UNIQUE constraint in a table in a C program, I get the
following error with sqlite3_errmsg():
"SQL logic error or missing database"

If I fire the sqlite3 program and run the same SQL query, I get the
following error:
"SQL error: column name is not unique"
which is much more obvious to understand.

Any idea how I could get that error message calling sqlite3_errmsg()?

The pysqlite wrapper has a bug which reports the same error message if you try to nest transactions. I fixed the wrapper (locally) by adding an sqlite_reset(). I think there's a new API (sqlite_prepare_v2()?) which has the same effect. If you can't search (say) gmane then post a tiny code snippet and someone who uses the C API more than I do will spot the problem straight away.

Martin