Vivek,

You ask a very broad question.  I wouldn't know where to begin with code
samples.  If you were to ask for some specific, "how do I do...?" questions,
I'm sure you'd get some code examples.

You'll need to get the DBI modules installed, and the DBD-SQLite driver module
installed into Perl.

What you describe is pretty basic variable manipulation, and file I/O with some
DBI thrown-in for good measure.  IMO, Perl is very good at this kind of thing.
You'll need some basic understanding of Perl references, too.

If you're not already familiar with the Perl DBI, you should read-up on it.
You can start at http://search.cpan.org/~timb/ with the DBI-1.54
(http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.54/), where you'll find the module's docs.
Also on the list page there is a link to "DBI Advanced Talk 2004"
(http://search.cpan.org/src/TIMB/DBI_AdvancedTalk_2004/index.htm), a PowerPoint
presentation where DBI's author talks about some best practices, how to get
best performance, and how to detect and deal with errors.  It's been very
useful for me.  I didn't quite follow it all in the beginning, but as I learn
more, I return to it, from time to time, and it makes more sense.

 -Clark