On 4/3/07, Rich Rattanni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
All:
   I was wondering exactly how SQLite handles freeing memory used
from the heap when compiled without SQLITE_ENABLE_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT?

   Will absolutely no memory be freed, or is there some default
memory management scheme used?

Let me explain my question better...
SQLITE on my system has been compiled without the
SQLITE_ENABLE_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT define.  I have a thread that writes a
hundred or so samples into a database every 30 seconds.  I do not open
and close the database pointer each time, but I do prepare and
finalize a statement for each transaction.  I have notices that the
memory used by my program slowly but surely increases as the program
runs (about 24 hrs sees a 40%+ increase in system memory).  I have
checked, and rechecked the program for any memory leaks on my part,
but I have no found any obvious ones.  I just wanted to know if
sqlite, as compiled for my system, will use as much memory as it sees
fit in a particular thread if compiled without
SQLITE_ENABLE_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT?

Can anyone answer this for me?

--
Thanks in advance,
Rich

P.S. Sorry to repost, if there are no takers I will not repost again,
I just thought my first message was lacking any real question so I
wanted to clarify the original.