I ended up writing my own application server and embedded language and it works about 100 times better than PHP (and I am being kind to PHP). It is a vindication of what they teach you in fundamental CS, it can be easier to just replace bloatware than to try to live with it.

Ulrich Schöbel wrote:
Thanks again for your help.

I've given up to use SQLite with PHP and tried Postgres. This works.
I'll probably give up entirely on this PHP crap. As you say, it's a lazy
dog and with 12MB module size it's also a monster dog.

Long live Tcl and, of course, SQLite!

Ulrich