You used to be able to compile with -DVDBE_PROFILE=1
to enable some special assembly-language instructions
that would use hi-res timers on ix586 chips to provide
the cycle counts needed to execute each instruction in
a VDBE program.  But I haven't used that feature in
years so I don't know if it still works or not.

If you are talking of the "rdtsc" instruction, then to work with
current dual core CPUs the test must be "pinned" to a single CPU, or
you could be reading TSC values from different CPU's.

Other than that, as long as the code works on a "single-core" CPU, it
should work on newer ones.

Off course, there is that word: "should" ;-)

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas