Hi all

In promoting SQLite 3 (still v3.2.7, so a bit behind the current release) for a new project I have been doing some performance tests and SQLite generally looks very good. However, I have seen one surprising result.

My schema is simple, a single table with a simple autoincrement rowid as the only index. Deleting all the rows from a table populated with ~600000 rows using simply DELETE FROM Foo takes twice as long as DELETE FROM Foo WHERE 1. This is odd - http://sqlite.org/capi3ref.html#sqlite3_changes - would lead me to expect the opposite. So, I tried DROP TABLE Foo, and sure enough, the time it takes is the same as the DELETE with no WHERE clause specified - twice as long! Odd.

Any comments?
guy