--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Joe Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I noticed that sqlite tar.gz downloads prior to
> >
> >   http://sqlite.org/sqlite-3.3.10.tar.gz
> >
> > are missing. So historical releases are not available except by CVS.
> > Is this intentional?
>
> Yes.  Why would you want an historical release?  Everything
> is backwards compatible.

To support and debug software using old specific old sqlite releases
(both open source and proprietary). I was trying to see if 3.3.4 had
sqlite3_io_trace, for example. Also, some historical versions have (much)
smaller memory footprints in certain cases.

In my case, SQLite 3.2.2 in particular executes several classes
of data mining queries 10X faster using 100X less temp store involving
GROUP BY clauses (that cannot be indexed).

  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=1809

I still recommend that version for exactly this case.

It's not a big problem no longer having the old releases on the
site - one could grab a release via CVS - I just was wondering
why the recent change?