Thanks Igor, much obliged.  That fits my application quite elegantly.

Igor Tandetnik wrote:
John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I want to store multi-statement SQL to implement an entire transaction
in the form -
    BEGIN
     statement
     statement
    COMMIT

I can see that sqlite3_prepare has the capability of stepping through
a multi statement string but it looks like each statement becomes a
seperate vdbe object so if I had five statements I would have five
sqlite3_stmt ptrs and would need to step through them in sequence.

Does anyone know if I see it correctly?

Yes you do. Just run an outer loop until sqlite3_prepare says there are no more queries left.

 Is there some way I have not
seen to compile them all into one vdbe object?

No.

Igor Tandetnik