Hello,

Assume the following scenario: I store people in a table, like this:

People
        ROWID, idx
        GUID, idx
        First, idx
        Last, idx
        Email

In the app, the user can select People GUIDs from different sources and then retrieve the info from the database. The easy/suboptimal route to retrieve the records would be to perform a SELECT per GUID selected. I thought of something like this:

SELECT * FROM People where GUID in ("ABC", "RDT", "TUV");

Is there a better way to include all these GUIDs on a single SQL statement to speed things up?

Questions I have:

1) Is this the best way to solve the problem? Suggestions?
2) Is there a limit on the number of parameters I can pass to "in"? What if I have, say, 500 to retrieve? Will SQLite complain about this?

Thanks a lot,

-- Tito