On 5/3/07, Arjen Markus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Lloyd wrote:
That is a very large number of files! I know FAT32 can not handle files
larger than
2 GB, and I imagine there is limit on the number of files as well. Try
creating
some subdirectories and moving the files there. The problem is most
likely in the filesystem.

Just a note. FAT32 can handle 4GB files, but the original vfat linux
driver (because of a design error) could only handle 2GB. Also many
linux and windows utilities were, at first, not designed to handle 4GB
files, so it's usually not safe to have more than 2GB files on FAT32
(some disk utilities could even trash your drive).

I don't know if the recent vfat drivers were fixed to handle more than
2 GB files, though. Maybe no one considered it important until
recently (only now you have FAT32 USB disks with more than 4GB space
free).

Best regards,
~Nuno Lucas

Regards,