On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 19:30:59 +0800, ronggui wong wrote:
> Thanks. But there is no typo, what I want is a general solution.
>
> 2007/5/5, Tomash Brechko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 14:01:56 +0800, ronggui wong wrote:
> >> . update tablename set newcolname=1 where ROWID=1
> >> . update tablename set newcolname=2 where ROWID=2
> >> . update tablename set newcolname=2 where ROWID=3

If there is no correlation between newcolname and other columns that
can be expressed as a formula, but rather you want to set newcolname
to some known Func(ROWID), you may register this function with
sqlite3_create_function() (or its equivalent for your language
bindings), and then do a single statement

  UPDATE tablename SET newcolname = Func(ROWID);

This will be faster then repeatedly searching for a row with a given
ROWID.

--
   Tomash Brechko