Notes on how I got sqlite running on hpux 11.0

To install sqlite on hpux:
* download sqlite-3.3.17.tar.gz from web site.
  (I unzipped the file on linux using gunzip I think. Then copied
   the tar file to /opt on the unix box. I guess gunzip works on hpux also.)
* cd to /opt and untar the file. (tar xf sqlite-3.3.17.tar)
* cd to sqlite... dir created by tar.
* create a "bld" directory as recommended in sqlite README.
* cd to bld.
* Use GNU bash version of "make" (came with hpux 11.0 on my computer
/opt/OpenSource/...) to
  perform the build instructions given in sqlite README. The hpux version of
  make doesn't work. It chokes on the "+=" operators in the make file.
* after "making" sqlite, look in the "bld/.libs" directory for the sqlite
  library files. "sqlite3" command line program is there as well.
* no "sqlite.h" file is provided by the install (?) but "sqlite.h.in"
provided works.
* here's how I compiled the test program given on the sqlite web site:
  cd to my home directory.
  Copied contents of C test program on web site into file "myprog.c".
  Changed "#include <sqlite.h>" to "#include "<dirname>/sqlite.h.in".
  Then: "cc -o myprog myprog.c /opt/sqlite/bld/.libs/libsqlite3.a"
* Used /opt/sqlite/bld/.libs/sqlite3 to create database "test.db" (create
table...)
  and to add some records in a table (insert into table ...).
* run myprog test program to dump the table.
  Ex: myprog test.db "select * from tablename"

  Works! Success!

* Now I need to figure out where to install the sqlite library and header
file permanently on hpux.