thank you for your reply.
I have make it run on our embeded os and make some simple tests. it runs
ok.
great!!

"Nuno Lucas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
2007-05-12 07:03
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [sqlite] porting sqlite3 to embeded os-----lock question

On 5/9/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I am porting sqlite3 to the embeded os,such as threadx,nucleus,ect..
> I am writing the file such as os_threadx.c,os_nucleus.c according to the
> os_win.c,os_unix.c.
> I have read the os_win.c and find that there is a switcher OS_WINCE in
the
> struct winFile.
> Is this mean the windows platform don't need the function such as share
> memory(CreateFileMappingW,MapViewOfFile....) inside the OS_WINCE
swither?

The shared memory is needed on WinCE to implement the LockFile
functions (which don't exist on WinCE).
If you don't need to do locking (because only your app will access the
db), you don't need the shared memory thing.

> whether I should realize the share memory lock function in the embeded
os?
> I have find there is not a direct way similar to the windows share
memory
> and the interface funcitons.
> It seems difficult to simulate the share memory funciton and it's lock
> function in my embeded os.
> Does it mean I must realize it. or the porting will fail.

It's up to you to know what level of compatibility you need. I would
guess that for you embedded os you don't need the locking part, so can
safely replace it with dummy functions that always succeed.

> another question:
> There is also a little difficult to realize the
> sqlite3WinThreadSpecificData function to get the thread information,
> Is this also must realize ?

If you use threads, then that would depend on your use of sqlite.

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas