Ok, I reviewed the sources (utf.c) and I'd say that it's still
incorrect. Actually, it doesn't test for surrogates at all, the
problem I was experiencing was caused by the fact that SQLite reads
unallocated memory when there's an unpaired surrogate present as the
last character of string - see READ_UTF16LE macro.

I tried searching cvstrac, but haven't find this issue there, haven't
anyone entered it or even fixed? Was my description clear? Should I
enter the issue myself? It isn't anything huge, but at least in can
result in AV in SQLite...

Jiri