Nothing you've mentioned is out of the ordinary. I would expect the
same behavior on both platforms.

Can you post the complete schema, and the exact query that exhibits the
problem? (And perhaps a couple of insert statements into the objects table).
Without this I don't think anyone can recreate the problem.