We have an application server which incorporates Sqlite. It implements a proprietary language to generate embedded server pages and these use regular embedded SQL compiled into the executables. It also has a remote procedure call interface which accesses a repository of SQL using embedded SQl syntax bound to variable names in Javascript running in browsers.

To implement a preprocessor which intercepts SQL in a C program and embeds calls to the Sqlite API would provide what you want. The Sqlite Bind call seems to have been implemented in such a way as to facilitate embedded SQL.

Leif Jensen wrote:
That sounds very interesting. Could you please elaborate a little more on that ?

Leif

John Stanton wrote:

The Sqlite BIND capability makes implementing an embedded SQl interface quite a simple operation.

We use embedded SQL with Sqlite but do it within a proprietary language. It was almost trivial to implement.

Leif Jensen wrote:

 Hi,

In a larger project we are using PostgreSQL database and Embedded SQL in C (using ECPG) in a server daemon. We would like to be able to have this to work with SQLite for a stand-alone application. The Embedded SQL in C standard is as used by Oracle (and former Informix) and of course PostgreSQL.

Does anyone know of an Embedded SQL in C (pre-compiler/interface) that will work with SQLite ?

Leif