All environments, proprietary or not, are restrictive in one way or another
- including C.  SQLite is flexible and adaptable, and capable of being
wedged into quite a few places -- which is what makes it a great little
engine.

For you that means captializing on SQLite's strengths and using its
typelessness as an asset.  For me, it means bringing SQLite to a mass of
.NET folks (Mono and MS) who would otherwise pass it by.  If that means
kludging a type system together to hide SQLite's typelessness, so be it.
I'd rather blunt the edge than throw the whole knife out.

Robert